International Conference on the Teaching of Mathematics will address new ways of
teaching undergraduate mathematics. The conference will be based at the hotel
The Marmara in the center of Istanbul. It will provide a unique international
and centralized forum and bring together faculty members from countries with
different educational and pedagogical systems around the world who are committed
to introducing and using innovative teaching methods. The conference will be of
great interest to mathematics faculty as well as anyone involved in the teaching
and learning process of undergraduate mathematics.
The conference presentations will be centered around the
- Educational Research: Results of current (unpublished) research in
mathematics education, and assessment of student learning.
- Technology/ Technology based Educational Systems: Effective integration of
computer technology (Calculators, Computer Algebra Systems, WWW resources) into
the undergraduate curriculum.
- Innovative Teaching Formats: Innovative ways of teaching undergraduate
mathematics courses: cooperative and collaborative teaching and learning styles.
- Distance Learning: Distance Learning Technologies for teaching and learning
mathematics. Current software/hardware delivery media. Visions for the future.
- Specific Courses: Reform efforts in specific mathematics courses and
- Other Disciplines: The effects of changes in the teaching of mathematics
courses in other disciplines (needs of client disciplines; interdisciplinary